Monday, 7 September 2026

 Speed-Dating a City, Part Two

Date: 31 August, 2026 (still)


I remember this sculpture from a previous visit, but I can't remember when.
But I must have been past St. Eustache before! Happy memories.


This is the lovely fountain from yesterday. I bought a sond-WHEESH and found one of those wonderful public armchairs and parked my butt and ate my beautiful baguette in the sunshine!










... and then had a glace au mangue, because pouorquoi pas, et bien sûr! 

And then just a jolly spot of la dolce far niente, which I am not very good at, but working on! 







St Eustache, which I walked past in January and thought Oh rats! - no time to see it! Have to be next visit. So I was very pleased to be able to go, this trip. 
If I remember correctly, it is older than Notre-Dame. when I arrived the organ was sounding, and I got very, VERY excited, but unfortunately it was just being tuned, not actually played. I hung around for a while in hopes that he would give it a proper go,  but alas, no. 

Oh, fun fact, that I just looked up on the internet! - this organ is the largest in France, with 8,000 pipes!
Note to self, GO AGAIN AND HEAR ORGAN BEING PLAYED! 

Check out the rose window above the pipes!!!












Random beautiful shopping arcade, 2ème arrondissement
















The actual route walked today.
Freaking 20km!!!!


Dinner en plein air; kebbe d'aubergine. It was Stupendous.





No comments:

Post a Comment